April was a great reading month for me this time, not like March. I hardly read anything in March, only three books, but in April I doubled that number. Yay me! So, this month I have read some enjoyable books. Lots of terrific books have also hit the shelves and the ABC Book Club started up again, even if it is at 10pm at night. It is still an amazing show and it should be on more regularly. This month I went to my first reviewing gig, which was a fabulous play. We celebrated Easter and indulged in lots of chocolates and treats. I even got to go to another awesome Lifeline book fair in which I found two young adult books that only came out last year.
It’s been a great reading month and now I hope I haven’t jinxed May.
Here are my April 2017 books:
- Hartley’s Grange by Nicole Hurley-Moore – adult fiction, Australian romance, funny, real, emotional; review coming May [4.5/5]
- Perfect by Cecelia Ahern – young adult, series, book number 2, awesome follow on from great first book, adventurous; review coming May [4.5/5]
- Juliet’s Answer by Glenn Dixon – memoir, romance, real life, story inspired by Juliet’s secretaires, ambitious; review coming in May [3.5/5]
- The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli – young adult, mental health, sexuality, romance, epic teenage love story; review coming in May [3.9/5]
- After by Nikki Gemmell – memoir, mental health, euthanasia, touching, emotional, will make you think and cry; review coming in May [4.2/5]
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver – young adult, bullying, movie out now, over hyped; review coming in May [2.5/5]
- Perfect by Cecelia Ahern – Purchased at Dymocks
- After by Nikki Gemmell – Purchased at Kmart
- Juliet’s Answer by Glenn Dixon – Purchased at Kmart
- Caramel Hearts by E.R. Murry – Purchased at a Life Line Book Fair, Thornleigh
- Twelve Days of Dash and Lily by Rachel Cohn and David Leviathan – Purchased at a Life Line Book Fair, Thornleigh
- The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli – Received from Penguin Random House, book mail
- Geekeralla by Ashley Poston – Received from Penguin Random House, book mail
- Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon – Received from Penguin Random House, book mail
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver – Given to me by my loving sister
As you can see, I read all the books I brought this month, except for the last two which I only just got last weekend, but they are on my Doable TBR May to be read. It’s been a great month with some really great books, which I would recommend to anyone.
You can find all the book reviews for the books I read this month, out every Monday of May.
My April 2017 book statistics –
Books Brought = 5
Books Given = 4
Books Read = 6
Books Did Not Finish = 0
Let’s see what May has in store…