March has been a bit of a bad reading month. In February, I read more books than March had Mondays and had to double some weeks with two book reviews. But for April I am struggling to fill the four Monday’s it does have, so I will be taking the last book I read in February and placing its review in April along with the 3 books I read in March. I had a few days away up the coast with my best friend and didn’t read once. Because of that, I couldn’t get back into reading and then had trouble finding a good book to bring me back out of my slump. Time off reading is good but when you can’t find a book to bring you back into the book world, then there is a problem.
Luckily, I grabbed a book off my TBR and enjoyed it so much it made me want to read again. I also went to a charity clearance sale just last weekend and it was such great fun. All the book I read in February, bar one are now out on my blog, so enjoy those and stay around for my March books coming out soon.
Here are my March 2017 books:
- The Man Who Invented Vegemite by Jamie Callister – biographical, historical, Australian based, war: review coming April [3.0/5]
- Paper Hearts and Summer Kisses by Carole Matthews – chick lit, romantic, crafty; review coming April [4.0/5]
- Loathing Lola by Will Kostakis – young adult, funny, real, emotional; review coming April [4.5/5]
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber – Purchased at Big W
- Loathing Lola by Will Kostakis – Purchased at Brookvale Lifeline Book Fair
- How to Convince a Boy to Kiss you by Tara Eglington – Purchased at Brookvale Lifeline Book Fair
- The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks – Purchased at Brookvale Lifeline Book Fair
- Hartley’s Grange by Nicole Hurley-Moore – Purchased at Kmart
DID NOT FINISH –
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber – didn’t feel like I was immersed in the story enough to carry on
- Akarnae by Lynette Noni – couldn’t keep up with the changing names and place and magic
- It’s Not Me, It’s You by Stephanie Kate Strohm – the format and voice of the book was too annoying
- Playing with Fire by Gordon Ramsey – too many words about the same thing
As you can see I struggled a bit this month with books. I didn’t buy many and I couldn’t get through many of them either. I have thankfully gotten my bookish bug back and in full motion and should be able to get through a few more books in April.
My March 2017 book statistics –
Books Brought = 4
Books Given = 0
Books Read = 3
Books Did Not Finish = 4
Let’s see what April has in store…