January 2017 has already come and gone and we are about to hit the beginning of the next month. My how time flies! If you are anything like me than you probably took advantage of this month great weather and relaxed whilst you could, with a book in hand, of course. Like any good month, new and great book are released and thrown out into the world for all of us hungry booknerd to get our hands on and devour. This month was no different, with the release of some highly anticipated new young adult books hitting the shelves. This month, Penguin Teen Australia held their annual Showcase, which I had the opportunity to attended. I also went to Melbourne for a few days and found some great books down there. It’s been a busy month, filled with lots of great books.
Here are my January 2017 books:
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater- not as great as the hype; review coming soon [2.0/5]
- The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr – special kind of book; review coming soon [2.3/5]
- Shut Out by Kody Keplinger – automatic author buy; review coming soon [4.8/5]
- The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines – loved the tv show; review coming soon [4.5/5]
- Four Weeks, Five People by Jenifer Yu – just finished reading; review coming soon
- The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr – Purchased from Big W
- Witch’s Pyre by Josephine Angelini – Purchased from Big W Queensland
- The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines – Purchased from Dymocks Newcastle
- Valentine by Jodi McAlister – Purchased from Penguin Teen Australia Showcase night, Kinokuniya
- Playing with Fire by Gordan Ramsey – Purchased in Melbourne, Books for Cooks
- Wanderlost by Jen Malone – Purchased in Melbourne, Readings Carlton
- The Witch’s Tears by Elizabeth and Katharine Corr – Purchased in Melbourne, Dymocks
- It’s not me, it’s you by Stephanie Kate Strohm – Purchased in Melbourne, Dymocks
- A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard – Purchased in Melbourne, Dymocks
- Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini – Purchased in Melbourne, Dymocks
- Fire Walker by Josephine Angelini – Purchased in Melbourne, Big W City
- Read Between the Lines by Jo Knowles – Purchased in Melbourne, Robinsons Bookshop
- Penguin Teen Australia 2017 Super proof – Received in Penguin Teen Australia 2017 Showcase gift box
- Harlequin Teen Fresh Reads 2017 – Received from Harlequin Teen
- Four Weeks, Five People by Jennifer Yu – Received from Harlequin Teen
- The Impossible Story of Olive in Love by Tonya Alexandra – Received from Harlequin Teen
- Hannah’s Gift by Maria Housden – Received as a late Christmas present from my best friend.
I have gotten a lot of books this month, a lot more than I usually do anyway, but there are only so many times you can go past a book before giving in a buying them. Plus, I went to a lot of new book shops this month. I have a lot of reading to do now.
My January book Statistics –
Books Brought = 12
Books Given = 5
Books Read = 5
Let’s see what February has in store….